Share Buttons

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Week 4



"She thinks my tractor's sexy!"
My son's tractor takes me back to when I was in grade school and Kenny Chesney sings "She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her on." If I were to get on my son's tiny plastic tractor singing that song, the most it would do is scare the squirrels away....only temporarily.
This kale plant will hopefully grow to a delicious size so that I can bake up some kale chips or make a healthy smoothie, which my wife refuses to drink if it has the "green stuff" in it. I did not know what to expect when I planted kale and broccoli, but things seems to going well so far.
As nerdy as this sounds, I just love looking at all of the lettuces and the differences between them. They should be getting ready to eat soon. I recently read in "Starter Vegetable Gardens - 24 No-Fail Plans for Small Organic Gardens" that you can get around 3 to 4 trimmings out of each lettuce plant if you don't disturb the root system. 
This is the one and only, Ellouise, hottest chick in the south. She has a lot of fluff and it is going to be warm the summer. She is my girl, but don't tell my wife because she might be jealous that Ellouise gets special attention from time to time. What is this ginormous dandelion?? I have never seen such a thing. It was scary to look at and for some reason I was worried what would happen if I picked it. Is this some mutation or just a super-flower that died?





No comments:

Post a Comment